Friday 29 August 2008

River dove (Ellastone)



Went down to elastone tonight, I really enjoy this strech of water and have got to know where the trout hang out!
The river was in great condition with just a little bit of colour, there was a big hatch on of small black flys which the fish were preocupied on,
The fish were not having a go at any of my flys until i put on a size 20 klinkhammer type fly which did the trick, i caught 8 grayling and 6 trout all which were small but produced very good sport.
I have seen a very good sized brownie in a certain spot that will never take my fly on lots of previous occasions, tonight i hooked it and it fought harder than anything i have ever hooked only for the hook to pull after 5 min!! Gutted, i never even got to see the fish as it was driving deep.
I will be back again to have another go at him.
I have just started to tye my own flys so this was a great feeing to catch all these fish on my own tyed fly!

Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment